03300 536 786

15 Cheapside, Wakefield, WF1 2SD
01924 792380

19 King Cross Street, Halifax, HX1 2SH
01422 849722

11 King Street, Oldham, OL8 1DW
0161 529 2380

201 Cross Flatts Grove, Leeds, LS11 7BR
0113 322 4786

The Beacon, Westgate Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 9PQ
0191 338 7770

CALL US 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK 03300 536 786

Indefinite Leave To Remain

This is not the same as Naturalisation or Citizenship, where you would be given the right to a passport and the full rights of a UK citizen and EU citizen. Indefinite leave to Remain can lapse if you remain away from the UK for longer than 2 years.

Indefinite leave to remain in the UK, otherwise known as ‘settlement’ means that you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions. You can enter the UK to live and work and are no longer subject to immigration controls so long as you abide by UK laws and remain a resident in the UK.

Available 24/7 to Provide the Support You Require

Call us on 03300 536786

What you need to know


Applicants must now complete a “Life in the UK” test to demonstrate that they have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK and the English language.

Indefinite Leave to Remain services


Indefinite Leave to Remain – Spouse

If you are the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK, you can apply for indefinite Leave to Remain

Indefinite Leave to Remain - tier 1 Entrepreneur Route

If you have spent the time and money necessary to build a successful business in the United Kingdom, we can assist you with applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain so you can grow your business without having to worry about visa restrictions. You will generally be required to wait five years before you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, however, if your business is turning over £5 million or it has created 10 or more jobs, then you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain after just three years.

Contact us now


Indefinite Leave to Remain - Ten Years Long Residence

If you have been residing in the UK lawfully and continuously for ten years or more, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain, provided you meet the other relevant criteria.

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Twenty Years Long Residence / Private Route

Individuals living in the UK for twenty years or more (either lawfully or unlawfully), can apply for Leave to Remain on the grounds of private life.

Indefinite Leave to Remain – As a Victim of Domestic Violence

There are special provisions under UK immigration law which allow individuals who come to the UK under a spouse or partner visa to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain immediately, if they experience domestic violence within their relationship.

Indefinite Leave to Remain as a Dependant Child

If you have successfully settled in the UK, the UK Government will permit you to bring any dependent children under the age of 18 years into the country with you.
When making plans to bring a dependent child to the UK, certain conditions must be met in order for the child to gain indefinite leave to enter, they are as follows:

  • The child must be under 18 years old
  • At least one parent must be settled in the UK
  • The child cannot be married or have formed an independent family unit
  • There must be sufficient money to support the child without having to use public funds

Indefinite Leave to Remain – As a Refugee

If you are a recognised refugee under the 1951 United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, then you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain following five years continuous residence in the UK.

Free Consultation

Come in for a FREE consultation and allow us to alleviate any concerns you may have.

Contact one of our immigration specialists today for your free consultation. Our specialist will take you through the criteria to ensure that your application is successful. Call us now on 03300 536 786.

Find us

Police Station Representation

If you are arrested and taken to a police station, this can be a very frightening and overwhelming experience, if you are unaware of the procedures and protocols.

The decisions you make at the police station can be crucial and detrimental to your future. It is imperative that you request for Tyler Hoffman Solicitors at the first available opportunity so we can further protect your position from the point of initiation.

Read more

Services in this section

EEA National Permanent Residence Card

EEA National Family Member Permanent Residence

EEA National Applying For Naturalisation As The Spouse Of A British Citizen

Permanent Residence Card

EEA Family Resident Permits & National Registration Certificates

Spouse Visa

Fiance Visa

Student Visa

Visit Visa

Indefinite Leave To Remain

Naturalisation And British Citizenship

Adult Dependant Visa In/Out Country

Application For Travel Document

Sponsorship Declaration

Private Medical Treatment Visit Visa

Replacement Of Biometric Card

Appeals At Immigration Tribunals

Our Fees